Forum: Ruby on Rails IM integration

Thila T. (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 23:47
From WITHIN my web app, I want the web app users to be able to send IM
messages to yahoo,msn,AOL users. The receving users are not aware of the
sender. So our web app takes the input msg from the sender (RAILs app),
then on the background sends the msg to the recevier (the recevier is
aware of the sending application id). Any response from the recevier
will then be displayed to the sender on the web app. Basically a broker
between our web user and IM users to send and receive IM messages. How
can this be done with Ruby and RAILS? thanks
awt (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 00:52
Thila,

Hook xmpp4r up to active record, and run ejabberd or jabberd2 with the
required IM transports (msn,yim,aim, etc) available from here:
http://delx.cjb.net/pymsnt/