Forum: Ruby on Rails question abour partial page templates?

Rodrigo D. (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 22:32
Can I call helper functions from the Partial Page Templates?

Because I want to call a function from the ApplicationHelper in a
partial page template, but it says that the function is not defined
Brian H. (Guest)
On Jun 5, 2006, at 02:32 PM, rodrigo dominguez wrote:
> Can I call helper functions from the Partial Page Templates?
>
> Because I want to call a function from the ApplicationHelper in a
> partial page template, but it says that the function is not defined

I call helper methods from my partial templates all the time. One
thing you might want to look at, is the partial that you are
rendering within the View folder of the same name as the Helper
module? If not, that could be what's causing the method not defined
error.

Of course, another thing you can do is post your code and the error
message so that the list can look it over.

-Brian