Forum: Ruby on Rails Form Field

Guest (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 21:08
I'm trying to get the value of a form field (input type="text"
id="name">) from a controller via the params hash, but this isn't
working. I thought params[:name] would return this. The textbox is not
part of the model.

Does anyone know how to do this??

Thanks!
Matthew B. (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 21:12
Guest wrote:
> I'm trying to get the value of a form field (input type="text"
> id="name">) from a controller via the params hash, but this isn't
> working. I thought params[:name] would return this. The textbox is not
> part of the model.

Whoops! use name= instead of id= for naming form elements.

--
Matthew B. :: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Portfolio & Resume @ http://madhatted.com