Forum: Ruby on Rails Ideas for Rails Shirt Graphics

Joe (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 09:09
I've had a couple ideas for Ruby on Rails shirt graphics for a little
while now:

1. "Fuck You" superimposed over, oh, probably a Ruby gem. Or Rails of
some sort.

2. "Ruby on Rails" superimposed over rails of cocaine. Maybe also with a
graphic of a crazed looking coder.

Anybody got graphics? Or can make them? Heh!

Joe
Joe (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 09:10
Tim C. (Guest)
How about:

"But does it scale?"
David M. (Guest)
Or "Yes it IS &*(^ing enterprise-ready!"
Joe (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 13:43
Or... "Enterprisey", "James McGovern", ...

Joe
Stephen B. (Guest)
Surely some fan-boy shirts would go down well:

"When I grow up i want to be Dave T."

"God said 'deploy' and lo, Jamis answered 'Capistrano'"

"DHH completes me"

and of course:

"Rails Groupie"

Steve
Morten (Guest)
Stephen B. wrote:
> "Rails Groupie"
>
> Steve

"You had me at 'rails hello'"
Ioana K. (Guest)
How about:
"Take a ruby snack!!!" (or snap whatever)
or my favourite kind of theme: "Oi to the Rails! oi oi!"
or: "Gimme a redirect_to my favourite beer."
"My mom taught me a lesson: riding Mr(Mrs). Rails is the best thing u
can
do"
Joe (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 01:21
I think Mongrel needs some shirt graphics! ;P

Joe
Matt Pelletier (Guest)
On 6/5/06, Morten <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > and of course:
> >
> > "Rails Groupie"
> >
> > Steve
>
> "You had me at 'rails hello'"

Back before RubyConf I was tempted to make shirts that said 'You had me
at
Hello World'. I didnt' find the time, but... it would probably be a
funny
shirt.
Zed S. (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 23:21 +0200, Joe wrote:
> I think Mongrel needs some shirt graphics! ;P

Ok.

"Hey little girl, I got a Mongrel in my Enterprise.  You wanna come pet
him?"
"Mongrel:  Solving solved problems just because."
"Mongrel:  Spawning more crazy business ideas than a fresh shipment of
cocaine to LA."
"Mongrel:  Dealing with <ubuntu, debian, win32, slow Ruby, C extensions,
processes, threads, Rails> so you don't have to."
"Zed Rocks" (hell, enough people say it, let's slap that on a t-shirt so
I can get some royalties :-).
"There's no fucking standard deviations in this report!" (with a picture
of me holding a really big knife).

ah, funny.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/
Joe wrote:
> I think Mongrel needs some shirt graphics! ;P

ZED SAYS RELAX

-Ross
Joe (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 04:43
Zed S. wrote:

[snip]

heh heh heh... I'm always reminded of Pulp Fiction ;), so...

"WebBrick's dead, baby. WebBrick's dead..."

Joe
Ramon Wartala (Guest)
See it in our german Rails user group at
http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=144964

Best,
Ramon

Morten schrieb:

 > Stephen B. wrote:
 > > Surely some fan-boy shirts would go down well:
 > >
 > > "When I grow up i want to be Dave T."
 > >
 > > "God said 'deploy' and lo, Jamis answered 'Capistrano'"
 > >
 > > "DHH completes me"
 > >
 > > and of course:
 > >
 > > "Rails Groupie"
 > >
 > > Steve
 >
 > "You had me at 'rails hello'"

Ramon Wartala
Software Engineer
Development & Architecture
AOL Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG
Beim Strohhause 25, 20097 Hamburg

Telefon: +49 (0) 40 / 361 59-8132
E-Mail: removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Diese E-Mail enthält vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich
geschützteInformationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten
haben, informieren
Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese E-Mail. Das
unerlaubte Kopieren
sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

you are not the
intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify
the sender
immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying,
disclosure or
Alan F. (Guest)
on 2006-06-06 16:36
Ramon Wartala wrote:
> See it in our german Rails user group at
> http://www.spreadshirt.net/shop.php?sid=144964

<bandwagon>

I also knocked up a quick'n'dirty scotlandonrails.com shirt.
http://cafepress.com/scotlandonrails/

</bandwagon>

Alan
Gavin M. (Guest)