Forum: Ruby on Rails script/console LoadError - 'no such file to load'

twr -. (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 08:58
Hello,

When I enter the command "ruby script/console", instead of an irb
session beginning, I get the following error:

[code]
c:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:18:in
'require__': No such file to load --
./script/../config/../config/environment (LoadError)
[/code]

I'm a little new to Rails, but it appears to me that the path to the
required file is incorrect. The 'environmennt.rb' file is inside the
config folder, which is a sibling to the script folder, while the error
states that rails is looking for a config folder that is two levels up
from the script folder. Does this seem to be the case to anyone else? If
so, what can be done about this?

For reference, I'm running Rails 1.1.2 w/ Ruby 1.8.2 on an win32 machine
(for development).

Thanks,
Aaron
Wilson B. (Guest)
On 6/5/06, Aaron C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm a little new to Rails, but it appears to me that the path to the
> required file is incorrect. The 'environmennt.rb' file is inside the
> config folder, which is a sibling to the script folder, while the error
> states that rails is looking for a config folder that is two levels up
> from the script folder. Does this seem to be the case to anyone else? If
> so, what can be done about this?
>
> For reference, I'm running Rails 1.1.2 w/ Ruby 1.8.2 on an win32 machine
> (for development).

You wouldn't happen to have any command-prompt customizations
installed, such as XPize, would you?