Forum: Ruby foxGUIb v0.7 (for FXRuby 1.6)

Meinrad R. (Guest)
dear (FX)Ruby hackers,

lyle has released FXRuby 1.6.0 some days ago. so it was a good
opportunity for me to fix some more bugs and release annother version
of foxGUIb which is tested against FXRuby 1.6.0.
the most interesting feature Fox1.6 brings to you is unicode support.
(see foxGUIb/test/unicode_test_japanese.rbin)

thanks for all the feedback and the bug reports.

enjoy ;)
-- henon

==========================
foxGUIb v0.7 Release Notes
==========================

== What is foxGUIb? ==
   foxGUIb is a GUI creator and code generator for FXRuby. It's a
   convenient tool that makes it easy to quickly build complex and
   good looking graphical user interfaces for Ruby.

== Whom is foxGUIb for? ==
   * FXRuby newbies who want to experiment with the widgets and layouts.
   * FXRuby experts who want to prototype parts of their GUI components
rapidly.
   ... ok, lets say everyone who wants to create a GUI with FXRuby ;)

== What has changed? ==
   * Fixed the bug that allowed to change properties of a
     deleted widget (caused a crash)
   * Fixed several bugs that led to crashes when typing
     improper values into the property manipulators. e.g.:
     backColor="bad input" instead of "200,255,255"
   * on startup foxGUIb logs important version infos to the
     log file. the log file is appended instead of replaced.
     in case of a problem you can send me your logfile.
   * some minor convenience fixes.

== Links: ==
   Homepage:
      http://fox-tool.rubyforge.org
   Mike Parr's User Guide:
      http://www.mikeparr.info/rubyguib/foxguibhome.htm
   Download:
      http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=88

== Copyright and License ==
   foxGUIb is free software. Copyright (c) by Meinrad R. aka Henon
   foxGUIb: Artistic License
   libGUIb: lgpl

Boring Disclaimer:

THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES,
INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY
AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Meinrad R. (Guest)
On 6/4/06, Meinrad R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> enjoy ;)
> -- henon

if you have downloaded version 0.7 please upgrade to 0.7.1.
while fixing a minor bug i have been inserting a major one that could
result in data loss.
it's really time to build a testsuite for foxGUIb ... i know, but i
don't really have the time. hope this one is stable.

cheers,
-- henon