Forum: Ruby rubyforge/gem problems

unknown (Guest)
any idea what's going on here?

     harp:~ > gem list 'slave.*' --remote

     *** REMOTE GEMS ***

     slave (0.0.0)
         slave

     harp:~ > gem install 'slave.*' --remote
     Attempting remote installation of 'slave.*'
     ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
         Could not find slave.* (> 0) in the repository

am i doing something stupid?

-a
Ross B. (Guest)
On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 00:39 +0900, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

>      harp:~ > gem install 'slave.*' --remote
>      Attempting remote installation of 'slave.*'
>      ERROR:  While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)
>          Could not find slave.* (> 0) in the repository
>

> am i doing something stupid?

I guess it's the 0.0.0 version number (it's not > 0). This works:

$ gem install slave --version '0.0.0' --remote
Attempting remote installation of 'slave'
Successfully installed slave-0.0.0
Installing RDoc documentation for slave-0.0.0...
unknown (Guest)
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Ross B. wrote:

> I guess it's the 0.0.0 version number (it's not > 0). This works:
>
> $ gem install slave --version '0.0.0' --remote
> Attempting remote installation of 'slave'
> Successfully installed slave-0.0.0
> Installing RDoc documentation for slave-0.0.0...

eeeks.  don't all computer scientists number from zero - as in offset
from
initial version?  ;-)

thanks!

-a
Logan C. (Guest)
On Jun 4, 2006, at 6:18 PM, removed_email_address@domain.invalid wrote:

> offset from
> initial version?  ;-)
>
> thanks!

Speaking of versions, did you get my pitiful "patch"?
unknown (Guest)
On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Logan C. wrote:

>>> Installing RDoc documentation for slave-0.0.0...
>>
>> eeeks.  don't all computer scientists number from zero - as in offset from
>> initial version?  ;-)
>>
>> thanks!
>>
> Speaking of versions, did you get my pitiful "patch"?

yes!  i just hadn't had the time to figure out why the first release
didn't
'gem install' and wanted to fix it before releasing the next version.
now
that it's been taken care of...

look for a release soon.

-a