Forum: Ruby on Rails where does script/plugin cache its server list?

Carmen -. (Guest)
on 2006-06-02 22:22
tiring of manually googling for SVN urls then checking out modules into
/usr/share/ruby and linking it into plugins/, ive tried script/plugin
again. it predictable fails here:

./script/plugin install acts_as_ferret
svn: URL 'svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/rails/plugins'
non-existent in that revision
./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/plugin.rb:758:in
`parse!': undefined local variable or method `name' for
#<Commands::Install:0x2af381b6fa90> (NameError)
        from
./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/plugin.rb:469:in
`parse!'
        from
./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/plugin.rb:485:in
`parse!'
        from
./script/../config/../vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/plugin.rb:907
        from
/usr/lib64/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in `require'
        from ./script/plugin:3

im thinking maybe the laszlo thing is fouling it up, but maybe thats
just a warning? in any case, grep -ir laszlo finds nothing of interest
to prune ..

m cracklog # ./script/plugin unsource
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/rails/plugins
failed: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/rails/plugins
Removed 0 repositories.
m cracklog # ./script/plugin unsource
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/rails/
failed: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/rails/
Removed 0 repositories.
m cracklog # ./script/plugin unsource
svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/
failed: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/laszlo-plugin/
Removed 0 repositories.

so i guess its write my own plugin script..or figure this out. any
ideas?
Ray B. (Guest)
Mine is in ~/.rails-plugin-sources

--

Ray
Ray B. (Guest)
I wrote:

> Mine is in ~/.rails-plugin-sources

That's not a good answer. It answers the question you asked, but is
irrelevant. What you should do is in the output of

script/plugin -h

That will let you read and write you plugin-sources file and otherwise
manage where you get you plugins.

--

Ray
Carmen -. (Guest)
> That's not a good answer. It answers the question you asked, but is
> irrelevant. What you should do is in the output of
>
> script/plugin -h

yeah. i was able to get it going by using the SVN url listed on the
acts_as_ferret page, since the one found in discover wasnt working for
whatever reason..

however,
./cript/console
>> Entity.find_by_contents("pcp")
./script/../config/../config/../vendor/plugins/acts_as_ferret/lib/acts_as_ferret.rb:226:
[BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-05-27) [x86_64-linux]
Aborted (core dumped)

i will be announce an ultra-simple and 'probably not good enough for
discriminating users' pure-rails search in the next few days, since
ferret segfaults, and acts_as_hyperestraier fails to return results from
its supposedly still intact index (according to its web interface) after
a reboot..
Ray B. (Guest)
carmen wrote:

> however,
> ./cript/console
>>> Entity.find_by_contents("pcp")
> ./script/../config/../config/../vendor/plugins/acts_as_ferret/lib/acts_as_ferret.rb:226:
> [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.4 (2006-05-27) [x86_64-linux]
> Aborted (core dumped)

I believe that this error occurs if you have not installed the ferret
gem. This is documented on the "Before Installation" step on this page:

http://projects.jkraemer.net/acts_as_ferret

--

Ray
Benjamin C. (Guest)

Maybe one day I'll get around to writing a nice little UI for script/
plugin that can do the search and let you pick ones to install from
the list.  Until then, at least you can save yourself a little bit of
time by using the rails plugin directory I created.

--
Benjamin C.
http://www.bencurtis.com/