Forum: Ruby on Rails Content Management System

Navjeet C. (Guest)
on 2006-06-02 01:28
I am looking for a good CMS based on Rails that has at least these
attributes:

1. Ease of use ( as it will be used by people who are not html literate)
2. Very easy/flexible to change layout.

So far I have looked at

http://rcms.oopen.de/Home/ (have not installed it yet)
http://adminpages.flowdev.de
http://demo.radiantcms.org/admin/pages
http://www.eribium.org/eribium/

MuraveyWeb does not seem to be active anymore.

Anything else around free or paid version?

--Jeet
Nicolas C. (Guest)
Le Jeudi 01 Juin 2006 23:28, Navjeet C. a écrit :
> http://demo.radiantcms.org/admin/pages
> http://www.eribium.org/eribium/
>
> MuraveyWeb does not seem to be active anymore.
>
> Anything else around free or paid version?

There's also Spread CMS (http://www.spread-cms.org) but there's no
public
version available at this time. The first public version should come
soon ...
Ross R. (Guest)
Does anyone know if there is there an accessible svn checkout for
Spread? Looks very good.
Peter F. (Guest)
On 6/2/06, Ross R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> literate)
> > >

> --
> Ross R.
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Also Pimki <http://pimki.rubyforge.org/> currently under deveopment by
Assaph M..  V. 1.x is a good start.  I dont' know at this time how
well
the upgrade path to 2.0 will go.

Assaph, is 1.x in the gem server?
Robert M. (Guest)
It appears to still be in design/prototype stage.  A CVS tree exists
with no code.

The concept of containers of active content looks interesting -- perhaps
containers themselves would be active content, and thus able to contain
containers alongside other active content.

Judging by one of the outlines it might allow end users to organize
content ( incl. containers? )  from three perspectives: Spatial (
layout? ), semantic, and contextual.

http://trac.spread-cms.org/trac.cgi/wiki/Structure...
Shawn A. (Guest)
RailFrog seems to be picking up momentum lately as well:
www.railfrog.com

/Shawn