Forum: Ruby on Rails real time search results

Bharat A. (Guest)
> - Not limit the result set
> - Allow user to get immediate feedback on what they have entered
> - Allow user to change field contents as results are appearing
> - Have query restart when field value changes
>
> Can anyone point me to an appropriate reference or suggest
> Rails constructs to research?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You need to use observe_field call. Check out the tutorial at
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rail...

Hope this helps,

Bharat
Charlie B. (Guest)
I wrote a small tutorial on just this subject, that covers live search
and pagination of the results.

http://www.recentrambles.com/pragmatic/view/59

On Thu, 2006-06-01 at 20:40 +0530, Bharat A. wrote:

> > - Not limit the result set
> You need to use observe_field call. Check out the tutorial at
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/06/09/rail...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Bharat

Charlie B.