Forum: Ruby on Rails rake create_sessions_table, does not create session table

Jigar G. (Guest)
on 2006-06-01 09:15
when i run rake create_sessions_table, I get following output. tables
donot get created and my application doesnot start.

(in G:/rubysrc/blog)
      create  db/migrate
      create  db/migrate/001_add_sessions.rb

info: the first time ran take everyting was fine, but now i have
reinstalled ruby and rails and created the database, but i am unable to
create session table with rake, please help. i want to create session
table, and cannot understand this migration thingie.

thanks,
jigar
Trevor S. (Guest)
Hey,

The command "rake create_sessions_table" *just* creates the database
migration for you in rails 1.1

You need to now run "rake migrate" to get it to actually create the
table.

See the following link for more info:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Understand...

--
Trevor S.
http://somethinglearned.com

Trevor S. wrote:
> Hey,
>
> The command "rake create_sessions_table" *just* creates the database
> migration for you in rails 1.1
>
> You need to now run "rake migrate" to get it to actually create the
> table.
>
> See the following link for more info:
>
> http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Understand...
>
> --
> Trevor S.
> http://somethinglearned.com
Peter E. (Guest)
# Creates a sessions table for use with CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore

rake db:sessions:create

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:58:59 +0200
Von: Jigar G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>