Rake create_sessions_table, does not create session table

when i run rake create_sessions_table, I get following output. tables
donot get created and my application doesnot start.

(in G:/rubysrc/blog)
create db/migrate
create db/migrate/001_add_sessions.rb

info: the first time ran take everyting was fine, but now i have
reinstalled ruby and rails and created the database, but i am unable to
create session table with rake, please help. i want to create session
table, and cannot understand this migration thingie.

thanks,
jigar

Hey,

The command “rake create_sessions_table” just creates the database
migration for you in rails 1.1

You need to now run “rake migrate” to get it to actually create the
table.

See the following link for more info:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/UnderstandingMigrations

Trevor S.
http://somethinglearned.com

Thanks, its is new info for me. Is there some place where i can view all
such changes in 1.1?. Thanks.

Trevor S. wrote:

Hey,

The command “rake create_sessions_table” just creates the database
migration for you in rails 1.1

You need to now run “rake migrate” to get it to actually create the
table.

See the following link for more info:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/UnderstandingMigrations

Trevor S.
http://somethinglearned.com

Creates a sessions table for use with CGI::Session::ActiveRecordStore

rake db:sessions:create

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 14:58:59 +0200
Von: Jigar G. [email protected]