Forum: Ruby on Rails observe_field gets "Form is not defined"

Matthew Collins (Guest)
trying to do an observe_field, but i'm getting a javascript "Form is
not defined" error

[code]

     <label>Account Type:</label>
     <%= select :user, 'tmp_type', ['choice_one','choice_two'],
{ :prompt=>"select account type" } %>

<%= observe_field :user_tmp_type, :update =>
'account_type_options', :url => { :action =>
'account_type_details' }, :with => "'account_type='+value" %>

	<!-- results go here -->

[/code]

any suggestions on why i'm getting this javascript error?

--

All the best,

Matthew Collins
Senior Developer
MindComet Corporation

Orlando ? Atlanta ? New York

VISIT OUR BLOGS!
Corporate Blog - http://blogs.mindcomet.com
Culture Blog - http://www.cakeplow.com

The Relationship Agency?
2701 Maitland Center Parkway, Suite 125
Maitland, FL 32751

v 800.668.1761 x316
f 407.838.1011

AIM mattatmindcomet

http://www.mindcomet.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any further
disclosure or use, distribution, or copying of this message or any
attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
message in error, please delete the e-mail, and either e-mail the sender
at the above address or notify us at our telephone number 407.838.1010.
Internet e-mail may be subject to delays, non-delivery and unauthorized
alterations, therefore opinions, conclusions and other information
expressed are not binding upon MindComet Corporation unless otherwise
notified independently of this message.
Bill W. (Guest)
Hi Matthew,

Matthew Collins wrote:

> trying to do an observe_field, but i'm getting a
> javascript "Form is not defined" error

Does that code live within form tags?

Bill
Matthew Collins (Guest)
RESOLVED

i had neglected to include_javascript_tag :defaults