Forum: Ruby Compiling for mingw32 under Cygwin

Alex Y. (Guest)
Hi there,

I'm trying to compile Ruby under Cygwin, but I want to target mingw32.
Although I've got the mingw32 tools installed, the ./configure step
doesn't spot them.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  Just setting
CFLAGS='-mno-cygwin' isn't enough, it seems.
WATANABE Hirofumi (Guest)

Alex Y. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> I'm trying to compile Ruby under Cygwin, but I want to target mingw32.
> Although I've got the mingw32 tools installed, the ./configure step
> doesn't spot them.  Has anyone had any luck with this?  Just setting
> CFLAGS='-mno-cygwin' isn't enough, it seems.

% ./configure --with-gcc='gcc -mno-cygwin'
Alex Y. (Guest)
WATANABE Hirofumi wrote:

Thanks :-)  Looks like that's working - make test passes, at least.

I'd assumed that would be equivalent to setting CFLAGS, but it doesn't
look like it is.  Why isn't it, and should it be?
unknown (Guest)

At Thu, 1 Jun 2006 02:16:15 +0900,
Alex Y. wrote in [ruby-talk:195328]:
> I'd assumed that would be equivalent to setting CFLAGS, but it doesn't
> look like it is.  Why isn't it, and should it be?

CFLAGS have no effect to a preprocesser.  Leaving it as cygwin
would cause problems.