Forum: Ruby Re: What happened to clrtoeol?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Berger, Daniel (Guest)
on 2006-05-31 17:59
(Received via mailing list)
> > > Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:47 PM
> output text... is there anything else needed? If I can get a
> second I'll do some research on this, but a quick google
> doesn't show people screaming about curses being broken on
> win32, so I don't know.
>
> Yes, I *would* just go to Linux if I could.

I've never used curses, so I'm not sure what advantages it has overs
Windows' own console functions.

Have you seen win32_console (on the RAA)?

Regards,

Dan


This communication is the property of Qwest and may contain confidential
or
privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is
strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and
destroy
all copies of the communication and any attachments.
Leslie V. (Guest)
on 2006-06-01 22:46
(Received via mailing list)
On 5/31/06, Berger, Daniel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > > Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:47 PM
> > output text... is there anything else needed? If I can get a
> > second I'll do some research on this, but a quick google
> > doesn't show people screaming about curses being broken on
> > win32, so I don't know.
> >
> > Yes, I *would* just go to Linux if I could.
>
> I've never used curses, so I'm not sure what advantages it has overs
> Windows' own console functions.
>
> Have you seen win32_console (on the RAA)?

Oooh, thanks for that! I may just write some kind of bridge layer so
all these curses apps can work nicely.
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-06-02 18:55
Leslie V. wrote:
> On 5/31/06, Berger, Daniel <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Have you seen win32_console (on the RAA)?
> Oooh, thanks for that! I may just write some kind of bridge layer so
> all these curses apps can work nicely.

I would be quite interested in this if you ever get something working.
Diakonos cannot function under Windows for this very reason.  Please
keep me informed of your progress, if any.  :)

Pistos
Leslie V. (Guest)
on 2006-06-03 04:51
(Received via mailing list)
On 6/2/06, Pistos C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Pistos
This was one of the projects I was referring to. Once again I took out
all the Unix stuff and it ran, but looked terrible. A real problem to
me though is that the Windows console is so small and AFAIK you can't
make it bigger. I quite often use an SSH window onto a Linux machine
because of that.

I'm really thinking of making something resizeable, perhaps graphical,
that looks to apps like it's curses. It would work a bit like SSH or
possibly use grpahics in SDL so it's portable.

Anyway, it's all in the air right now considering how many projects I
am busy with!

Les
Pistos C. (Guest)
on 2006-06-03 22:53
Leslie V. wrote:
> [Diakonos] was one of the projects I was referring to. Once again I took out
> all the Unix stuff and it ran, but looked terrible. A real problem to
> me though is that the Windows console is so small and AFAIK you can't
> make it bigger. I quite often use an SSH window onto a Linux machine
> because of that.

Dunno if you want to bother with it, but just to let you know, I made a
[windows svn branch][1] last year which can actually run under Windows,
but most of the special keys (arrows, F1-F12, etc.) don't work, which
makes the editor quite crippled.

The main reason I found is because the curses function "keypad" is not
implemented on Windows.  If that were somehow implemented, it might be
doable.

Pistos

[1]: http://rome.purepistos.net/issues/diakonos/browser...
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.