Forum: Ruby Best UI library ?

Nuno (Guest)
on 2006-05-30 22:27
Hello, I need a simple UI library for a simple project (an UI simple to
program). It must be multiplatform and easy to bundle with that small
app.

Which one would feet my needs ?

- I've found ruby-tk beeing quite easy to understand but unfortunately
is no more bundled with ruby.
- I've gived up with ruby Gnome 2, at least I didn't understand how to
install gnome OR its ruby binding on a Win32 platform
- I didn't tried the others (wxWidgets, QT)

Thanks
Lyle J. (Guest)
On 5/30/06, Nuno <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> Hello, I need a simple UI library for a simple project (an UI simple to
> program). It must be multiplatform and easy to bundle with that small
> app.
>
> Which one would feet my needs ?

FXRuby (http://www.fxruby.org/) might feet your needs. It is included
with the One-Click Ruby Installer for Windows.
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
I like QTRuby ... however, it's very large and full-featured.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com
vlad (Guest)
on 2006-05-31 14:53
> - I've gived up with ruby Gnome 2, at least I didn't understand how to
> install gnome OR its ruby binding on a Win32 platform

the ruby-gnome2 web site explains that (under windows one does not
install the gnome, just gtk2 runtime):

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Install...

i found gtk2 + glade interface builder good (under windows and linux)
but i am just starting (wrote few sample applications pulling data from
postgresql and displaying it as a table).