Forum: Ruby Re: Installation question

unknown (Guest)
>I seem to have the main Ruby folder in /usr/lib/ruby. Is that the
>correct place?

You've followed a standard installation procedure. Just leave
everything in the  /usr directory and subdirectories
where it is, and make a directory

/home/me/ruby

(for instance by calling a shell and typing in

su  <RETURN>
<Your superuser/computer administrator password> <RETURN>
cd /  <RETURN>
mkdir /home/me/ruby <RETURN>
or by some graphical way Mac OSX provides)

You can then call your favourite editor, type some Ruby script,
save it in /home/me/ruby, and run it from there.

Best regards,
Axel