Forum: Rails I18n Problem with globalize

Szymon N. (Guest)
on 2006-05-29 18:59
Hi!

I've downloaded globalize (Revision 196: /globalize/branches/for-1.1),
run rake globalize:setup, which created new tables, set
Locale.set_base_language 'pl-PL' in enviroment.rb, but when i start the
server, i get this error:
C:/.../active_support/dependencies.rb:123:in `const_missing':
uninitialized constant Locale (NameError)

When i try to run rake test:plugins i get the same error. Why is Locale
not initialized? Do i have to do something more to initialize this
plugin?
André Camargo (Guest)
hello!

put:

include Globalize

into config/environment.rb

I think better you set Locale.set_base_language 'en-US' in your
environment.rb and Locale.set 'pl-PL' on a controller filter.

good luck :-)

2006/5/29, szymek <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> not initialized? Do i have to do something more to initialize this
> plugin?
>
> --

andré ribeiro camargo
proprietário
boa idéia software livre :: boaideia.inf.br
---
SOFTWARE LIVRE
socialmente justo
econômicamente viável
tecnologicamente sustentável
Guido (Guest)
on 2006-06-05 08:08
André Camargo wrote:
> hello!
>
> put:
>
> include Globalize
>
> into config/environment.rb

I am having the same problem. But Globalize is allready include in
config/environment.rb - with no luck:

config/environment.rb:

[...]
include Globalize
Locale.set_base_language 'en-US'
Locale.set 'en-US'

Any hints for me?

Thanks for help,

Guido
Dewet D. (Guest)
on 2006-06-13 14:02
Guido wrote:
> config/environment.rb:
>
> [...]
> include Globalize
> Locale.set_base_language 'en-US'
> Locale.set 'en-US'

I also had to restart WEBrick before it worked for me.

Tom Green (Guest)
on 2006-08-16 01:18
> Guido wrote:

> I also had to restart WEBrick before it worked for me.

Holla, I guess I've should've been to bed at this time.... So thanx for
the hint... a restart did the job for me too!

Thanks!