Forum: Ruby Ruby under XXAMP on WinXP machine

Val (Guest)
on 2006-05-27 17:36
This may be really dumb (my armor is on)...  but,

Can I run Ruby /Ruby on Rails under XXAMP on my Windows XP machine?
Mat S. (Guest)
On May 27, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Val wrote:
> This may be really dumb (my armor is on)...  but,
>
> Can I run Ruby /Ruby on Rails under XXAMP on my Windows XP machine?

XAMPP (I think you mean) probably doesn't include ruby or rails cause
XAMPP stands for X, Apache, MySQL, Perl and PHP.  Note:  no "R".
That being said, I'd bet you could download the windows ruby
installer, which I think includes gem.  Install rails via gem and run
the lot under the Apache provided by XAMPP.  But if all you want is
ruby and ruby on rails, you can ignore XAMPP altogether and just use
the Webrick server which is included with rails.
-Mat
Valerie B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-28 20:15
Mat S. wrote:

> But if all you want is
> ruby and ruby on rails, you can ignore XAMPP altogether and just use
> the Webrick server which is included with rails.
> -Mat

Mat,

Thank you for your reply.  My concern was also having the MySQL as well.
I'll look into the Webrick server.  Much appreciated!

Val
Michael T. (Guest)
InstantRails gives you the whole package.

Michael