Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails without cookies

Scott Fortmann-Roe (Guest)
Why does rails keep installing cookies on users machines, even if I am
not ussing th session variable for anything?

How do I stop this?

Thanks, Scott
Adam D. (Guest)
i discussed this previously with the same question.  If you dont want
the
_session_id cookie created, you have to disable sessions by putting

    session :disabled => true

in  application.rb

Adam
Scott Fortmann-Roe (Guest)
This doesn't seem to work for me I'm still getting session cookies.
Rails version 1.1.2.

On 5/27/06, Adam D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> i discussed this previously with the same question.  If you dont want the
> _session_id cookie created, you have to disable sessions by putting
>  session :disabled => true

in application.rb

Adam
Adam D. (Guest)
hmm maybe they have to be "off" and not "disabled" then ?

try

session :off

in application.rb

adam
Nicolai R. (Guest)
http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/ActionControlle...

  # turn off session management for all actions.
  session :off
Scott Fortmann-Roe (Guest)
session :off  does the trick.

Thanks guys!