From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Nathan P.
Verni
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 12:56 PM
To: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
Subject: [Rails] Form for Multiple Models

I have a signup form that needs to do these three things:

1)       create a new "Group"

2)       create a new "User"

3)       Add that User to the Group

I have the scaffolding for the create new user form:

<% form_for :user do |form| %>

        <label for="user_name">First Name:</label>

        <%= form.text_field :first_name, :size => 40 %>

      # ...

<% end %>

I want to add a "Group Name" field to this same form so that the
controller can use it to create a new Group in the database and then do
the typical @user.save, etc...