Forum: Ruby on Rails validate a form NOT connected to a model

Ben Wyrosdick (Guest)
Is there any way to validate a form that isn't connected to a model.  I
have
a form that connects to a controller action and I want to validate the
inputs on the form like I would with the validates_ATTRIBUTE_of property
on
a model.  Is there any way to do this?
Thom (Guest)
on 2006-10-23 00:48
Ben Wyrosdick wrote:
> Is there any way to validate a form that isn't connected to a model.  I
> have
> a form that connects to a controller action and I want to validate the
> inputs on the form like I would with the validates_ATTRIBUTE_of property
> on
> a model.  Is there any way to do this?

Did you ever get this figured out? I have the same issue.

Thanks in Advance
Thom
unknown (Guest)
You could try using activespec to make some spec objects for your
forms, and use this to validate the data.

http://activespec.rubyforge.org
Daniel H. (Guest)
http://www.bphogan.com/learn/pdf/tableless_contact_form.pdf provides a
description which will help, I think