Forum: Ruby for those who have not seen the news-group

Bill G. (Guest)
On 5/25/06, vlad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> ruby -> lisp (for those who have not seen the news-group):

The ruby-forum _is_  the ruby news group (unfortuntately, that's not
obvious).

Personally, I wish that thread would die, or at least get renamed.  I
can imagine that Zed and Luis are certainly quite sick of it by now.
 http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/brow...
Robert K. (Guest)
2006/5/26, Bill G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> On 5/25/06, vlad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > ruby -> lisp (for those who have not seen the news-group):
>
> The ruby-forum _is_  the ruby news group (unfortuntately, that's not obvious).

Are you sure about that?  I see recent postings from the forum on the
*mailing list* only. The newsgroup has gone rather low traffic after
the gateway was switched off.

Kind regards

robert
Bill G. (Guest)
On 5/26/06, Robert K. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> 2006/5/26, Bill G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> > On 5/25/06, vlad <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > > ruby -> lisp (for those who have not seen the news-group):
> >
> > The ruby-forum _is_  the ruby news group (unfortuntately, that's not obvious).
>
> Are you sure about that?  I see recent postings from the forum on the
> *mailing list* only. The newsgroup has gone rather low traffic after
> the gateway was switched off.

My mistake.  I wasn't thinking about the 'disconnect'.