Forum: Ruby Musical Instruments and Programming Languages (was RE: ANN:

DEBAUN, STEVE [AG-Contractor/2400] (Guest)
Eh, looking at it from the other direction...

On a piano, you might be able to use more fingers, but you are limited
which sounds you can produce because each key is tuned to a specific
note.

In thinking with fretless instruments (isn't a violin fretless?), you
have a
continuous range of possible sounds.  Of course some sound better than
others...

> > I tend to think of Ruby as the Stratocaster of programming languages.
>
> I would have pick a fine Olson :)
>
> -- Jim W.

And that would make visual basic... the karaoke machine of programming
languages?

sd
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky (Guest)
DEBAUN, STEVE [AG-Contractor/2400] wrote:
> And that would make visual basic... the karaoke machine of programming
> languages?

No, the viola ... as in "What's the difference between an onion and a
viola?"

"Nobody cries when you cut up a viola."

Or -- "A man drops a viola, a banjo and an accordion off the top of the
Empire State Building. Which one hits the ground first?"

"Who cares? As long as they all get smashed to bits!"

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

http://linuxcapacityplanning.com
Charlie B. (Guest)
If a violin is the equivalent of ruby code,
then my banjo must be the equivalent of trying to re-write all of ruby
in perl and then running it through a java VM......on windows!

On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 12:09 +0900, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Or -- "A man drops a viola, a banjo and an accordion off the top of the
> Empire State Building. Which one hits the ground first?"
>

> "Who cares? As long as they all get smashed to bits!"

Charlie B.
http://www.recentrambles.com
Alan Fritz (Guest)
Is a dump truck better than a Porsche?

What are the requirements?

-Alan
Alan Fritz (Guest)
Q: What's bigger, a viola or a violin?

A: They are the same size, it's just that violinists heads are bigger.
Ha
ha!

-Alan
Molitor, Stephen L (Guest)
Q: What's the definition of a quarter tone?

A: Two oboes playing in unison.

Q: What's the difference between a saxophone and a lawn mower?

A: Vibrato.

OK I'll stop now.

Steve
James B. (Guest)
Molitor, Stephen L wrote:
> OK I'll stop now.
And the fiddle players can double-stop.

--
James B.

http://refreshingcities.org   - Design, technology, usability
Alan Fritz (Guest)
The violinists can double-stop, the fiddlers can triple.:)

-Alan
Kirk H. (Guest)
On Friday 26 May 2006 8:43 am, James B. wrote:

> And the fiddle players can double-stop.

My wife's step brother has a collection of music jokes that is just
great.

http://www.osbornmusic.com/jokes.html

Kirk H.
fprimus (Guest)
Molitor, Stephen L wrote:
> Q: What's the definition of a quarter tone?
>
> A: Two oboes playing in unison.

That's an old piper joke.

> Q: What's the difference between a saxophone and a lawn mower?
>
> A: Vibrato.

What would John Zorn say???

ciao,
furlan

--

Links: http://del.icio.us/furlan

Home:  http://thispaceavailable.uxb.net/index.html

Music: http://www.myspace.com/primusic

We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death
will tremble to take us.
-- Charles Bukowski