Forum: Ruby on Rails Built-in var. action_name for controllers?

Wes G. (Guest)
on 2006-05-26 01:47
All,

In the Recipes for Rails Authentication recipe, there is a variable
named action_name that's used to represent the current action.

Where does this come from?

Is there a similar variable for the current controller?

Thanks,
Wes
Ray B. (Guest)
Wes G. wrote:

> In the Recipes for Rails Authentication recipe, there is a variable
> named action_name that's used to represent the current action.
>
> Where does this come from?

It's an attribute of ActionController.

> Is there a similar variable for the current controller?

controller_name also an attribute of ActionContoller

--

Ray