Forum: Ruby JEdit issues

ReggW (Guest)
on 2006-05-25 10:59
I finally got JEdit working, but I can't figure out how to get it to run
the script, can someone shed some light on this?

And also, can IRB be ran from within JEdit?

NOTE: I do have the Console plugin installed.

Also, JEdit freezes up for about 30 secs when I start it.

After that everything is fine.

I think it is connecting to the Internet on startup and this is causing
the freeze, because if I disable my NIC card, JEdit comes right up with
now problems.

How do you stop it from doing this?

Thanks
Rob K. (Guest)
I'm not sure which script your talking about, but if your talking
about running whatever script is currently displaying, just use
Macro->Misc->Run Script.  If your using it a lot you'll want to go to
the Global Options and assign it a shortcut (in Shortcuts, select
Macros).

-Rob K.
John G. (Guest)
On 5/25/06, ReggW <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> [snip]
> Also, JEdit freezes up for about 30 secs when I start it.
>
> After that everything is fine.
>
> I think it is connecting to the Internet on startup and this is causing
> the freeze, because if I disable my NIC card, JEdit comes right up with
> now problems.
>
> How do you stop it from doing this?

It's been a while since I've used jEdit, but I think there's a feature
that lets you check for plug-in updates. You might have your
preferences set to check for these updates upon startup.

By the way, you may want to try out the jEdit Ruby plug-in:
http://rubyjedit.org/