Forum: Ruby on Rails Where to recruit Ruby on Rails developers?

Rocky K. (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 04:03
Anyone have suggestions on where to recruit Ruby on Rails developers?

My startup's in Berkeley, CA and I'm looking for a talented technical
lead. I've tried LinkedIn and Craigslist but the pickings are slim. This
project provides an opportunity to use OpenLaszlo.

   rocky at_sign teampatent dot com
Robert D. (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 04:09
Rocky,

Do the developers have to be in Berkeley? It appears so from your post
but I have to ask. Thanks.

- Rob Dempsey

Rocky Kahn wrote:
> Anyone have suggestions on where to recruit Ruby on Rails developers?
>
> My startup's in Berkeley, CA and I'm looking for a talented technical
> lead. I've tried LinkedIn and Craigslist but the pickings are slim. This
> project provides an opportunity to use OpenLaszlo.
>
>    rocky at_sign teampatent dot com
Lonny E. (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 04:48
I am happy in my current position for now . . . but if you are not
looking for Berkeley locals, you might also try rentacoder.com and the
like. They put coders and companies together for free-lance stuff.

Lonny Eachus
first_name_last_name_no_underscores at_sign yahoo

Rocky Kahn wrote:
> Anyone have suggestions on where to recruit Ruby on Rails developers?
Rob M. (Guest)
that_is_the_craziest_email_sig_I_have_ever_seen
Nick F. (Guest)
http://jobs.rubynow.com/

Cheers,
Nick F.
Mufaddal K. (Guest)
Is it effective doing that? Since the message headers do carry your
email in the pristine , untoched format already :) I can see it being
useful on web pages, but cannot see its usefulness in email message
bodies.
Ray B. (Guest)
Mufaddal K. wrote:

> Is it effective doing that? Since the message headers do carry your
> email in the pristine , untoched format already :) I can see it being
> useful on web pages, but cannot see its usefulness in email message bodies.
>
> Rob M. wrote:
>
>> that_is_the_craziest_email_sig_I_have_ever_seen

This list can be seen and read in many different formats. You are
reading an email, I am reading a newsgroup posting, someone else is
reading a web site.

The newsgroups and web sites normally don't display the headers. For
instance, your email address has been converted to a random string of
characters @ public.gmane.com. This may be mapped back to your address,
but if I attempt to send mail to that address, it will bounce.

--

Ray
Chuck V. (Guest)

Good luck!

Chuck V.
On & On Creative, LLC.
seth b. (Guest)
Tried the 37signals job board? Rails meetups?