Forum: Ruby on Rails Form Field Helpers... Do they need objects?

Brian C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 02:24
I'm trying to use the select helper but do not need to pass the values
back to an object because this is just used as a param value. Everywhere
I've looked I see that the form field helpers require an object name.
I've tried omitting the name but I get an error telling me I have two
few paramaters. (2 out of 3)

Other than typing out the HTML myself (because the values are being
generated from another function) is there a way to not need an object
name for the form field helpers? Or is there another set of helpers that
don't require object names? Thanks.
Jean-François (Guest)
Hello Brian,

> Other than typing out the HTML myself (because the values are being
> generated from another function) is there a way to not need an object
> name for the form field helpers? Or is there another set of helpers that
> don't require object names? Thanks.

*_tag helpers are your friends :

http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Help...

   -- Jean-François.