Forum: Ruby ruby mysql windows

Bob W. (Guest)
on 2006-05-23 10:46
I've been googling for this for hours now.
Does anyone know how to get Ruby to talk to a MySql database on Windows.
Some instructions would be nice.
A tutorial would be paradise.

Thanks

Bob
Daniel B. (Guest)
On 5/23/06, Bob W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I've been googling for this for hours now.
> Does anyone know how to get Ruby to talk to a MySql database on Windows.
> Some instructions would be nice.
> A tutorial would be paradise.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=mysql+ruby+windows

None of that looks promising?

Here's a Rails tute that starts with installing MySQL etc on Windows:
http://allaboutruby.wordpress.com/2006/01/09/insta...

might be what you need.
Bob W. (Guest)
on 2006-05-23 11:13
Daniel B. wrote:
> On 5/23/06, Bob W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> I've been googling for this for hours now.
>> Does anyone know how to get Ruby to talk to a MySql database on Windows.
>> Some instructions would be nice.
>> A tutorial would be paradise.
>

> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=mysql+ruby+windows
>
> None of that looks promising?
>
> Here's a Rails tute that starts with installing MySQL etc on Windows:

http://allaboutruby.wordpress.com/2006/01/09/insta...

> might be what you need.

The links on that Google search page lead to pages that are quite old.
They , in turn, lead to pages that dont exist.
Getting mysql to work with Rails is not a problem.
But I'm working on building a Ruby front end to a mysql back end ( not a
web app)
Bob W. (Guest)
on 2006-05-23 11:41
As often happens, just asking the question prompts a different way to
look at things and the question is answered.

A combination of downloading a file from here
http://www.vandomburg.net/pages/mysql-ruby-windows

and then following the instructions here
http://www.rubywizard.net/ruby-mysql.html

has got me started.