Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Learn Ruby before Learning Ruby on Rails ?

Ross D. (Guest)
> Just wondering the best way to learn Ruby on Rails. Is it
> good to learn
> "Ruby" the language first and then jump into learning the Framework (
> ROR ) or it it best to pick up the language while
> learning/working with
> R.O.R ?

You can do a lot in Rails without getting into the nuts and bolts of
Ruby.  Have a scan of a the Ruby tutorials and your should be good to
go.  I tend to read resources for Ruby constructs that aren't familiar
as I come across them.

Try http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby and http://www.rubycentral.com/book/

Have fun

Ross