Forum: Ruby on Rails selectively disabling parameter logging in controllers

Dan T. (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 23:25
By default, Rails logs all parameters passed to a controller method.
As far as I can tell, this happens in both development and production
modes.

I have a form that collects some sensitive data. I don't want that data
sent to the log, at least not in production mode. Of course, I'd still
like to log everything else. Is there a way to accomplish this?
Tarmo =?ISO-8859-1?Q?T=E4nav?= (Guest)
On E, 2006-05-22 at 21:25 +0200, Dan T. wrote:
> By default, Rails logs all parameters passed to a controller method.
> As far as I can tell, this happens in both development and production
> modes.
>
> I have a form that collects some sensitive data. I don't want that data
> sent to the log, at least not in production mode. Of course, I'd still
> like to log everything else. Is there a way to accomplish this?

This should do exactly what you need:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Filter+Log...

--
Tarmo Tänav <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>