Forum: Ruby Re: warning: fork terminates thread at ./application.rb:84

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> Enterprise Linux 4.  It's Ruby 1.8.1 with a bunch of patches.
>
> I'm getting a bunch these warnings:
>  warning: fork terminates thread at ./application.rb:84
>
> I searched the archives and Matz said that the warnings would
> go away in 1.8.2.
>
> Is there anything I can do to supress this warning under Ruby 1.8.1?

STDERR.reopen('/dev/null')

It's kinda like turning up the stereo when your car starts making funny
noises. :-P

Dan

or
strictly
destroy
unknown (Guest)
On Tue, 23 May 2006, Berger, Daniel wrote:

>> Enterprise Linux 4.  It's Ruby 1.8.1 with a bunch of patches.
>
> It's kinda like turning up the stereo when your car starts making funny
> noises. :-P

and the equally blunt:

   $VERBOSE = nil

;-)

-a
Joe Van D. (Guest)

> > STDERR.reopen('/dev/null')
> >
> > It's kinda like turning up the stereo when your car starts making funny
> > noises. :-P
>
> and the equally blunt:
>
>    $VERBOSE = nil

Ah, yes.  That would work.

How do I find out what version of Ruby I'm using (from within Ruby)?
Joe Van D. (Guest)
On 5/22/06, Joe Van D. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Ah, yes.  That would work.
>
> How do I find out what version of Ruby I'm using (from within Ruby)?

Found it.  RUBY_VERSION.