Forum: Ruby Compiling ruby - cannot find install-sh or install.sh

Kris L. (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 19:07
I've compiled ruby in the past using MingGW / MSYS on Windows, but for
some reason I'm now getting an error when doing the "./configure"
command, which is "configure: error: cannot find install-sh or
install.sh" using a fresh download of ruby 1.8.4.

I can't find the file, is it part of the ruby source or the compiler?

Many thanks, Kris.
Ryan D. (Guest)
On May 22, 2006, at 8:07 AM, Kris L. wrote:

> I've compiled ruby in the past using MingGW / MSYS on Windows, but for
> some reason I'm now getting an error when doing the "./configure"
> command, which is "configure: error: cannot find install-sh or
> install.sh" using a fresh download of ruby 1.8.4.
>
> I can't find the file, is it part of the ruby source or the compiler?

It is sitting in cvs:

% cvs status install-sh
File: install-sh        Status: Up-to-date

    Working revision:    1.2
    Repository revision: 1.2     /src/ruby/install-sh,v
    Sticky Tag:          ruby_1_8 (branch: 1.2.8)
    Sticky Date:         (none)
    Sticky Options:      (none)

and in the tarball:

503 % tar ztf ruby-1.8.4.tar.gz | grep install
ruby-1.8.4/install-sh