Forum: Ruby Re: Getting a list of available methods from XMLRPC::Server

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> `addIntrospection`:
>
>    -tim

Thanks Tim.  Good to know.

When I try to call that against a Rails webservice I get an error:

rpc = XMLRPC::Client.new('localhost', 'http://localhost/webservice/api',
3000)
p rpc.call('system.listMethods')

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/xmlrpc/client.rb:414:in `call': no such web service
'system' (XMLRPC::FaultException)

Digging through the source, it doesn't look like ActionWebService is
actually using XMLRPC::Server for its server.  Unless I've missed
something obvious, I'll take this over to the Rails mailing list.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly