Forum: Ruby on Rails validates_presence_of and ajax-forms

Claus G. (Guest)
Hi.

I have "validates_presence_of :login, :password, :firstname,
:lastname" in my user-model. I enter the information in
new_user.rhtml:

<%= error_messages_for(:user) %>
<%= form_remote_tag :url => { :action => :register }, :html => { :id
=> 'new_user' } %>

I have a register.rjs with :fade.

Omitting firstname or any other required field doesn't trigger any
error-message. Is it due to my ajax-form?

regards
Claus
Ben R. (Guest)
The portion of your page that is updated when the ajax is called needs
to include your:

<%= error_messages_for(:user) %>

Hope this helps,

Ben