Forum: Ruby on Rails [NEW SITE] psitsNOT

Al E. (Guest)
on 2006-05-20 00:41
psitsNOT ("Photoshop it's NOT") is an over-the-web image editing
application made with Rails, RMagick, and AJAX. It provides everything
you need to make a raw digital image look good on the web.

http://psitsnot.alevans.com

You'll need an OpenID URL to log in.

Feedback is welcomed!

--Al Evans
Adam (Guest)
on 2006-05-20 01:14
Al Evans wrote:
> psitsNOT ("Photoshop it's NOT") is an over-the-web image editing
> application made with Rails, RMagick, and AJAX. It provides everything
> you need to make a raw digital image look good on the web.
>
> http://psitsnot.alevans.com
>
> You'll need an OpenID URL to log in.
>
> Feedback is welcomed!
>
> --Al Evans

I would suggest giving a little more information now how someone can
acquire an OpenID url.
Gael P. (Guest)
Al E. (Guest)
on 2006-05-20 02:30
Adam wrote:

> I would suggest giving a little more information now how someone can
> acquire an OpenID url.

Sorry -- I like OpenID so much, I guess I assumed everybody knew about
it.

Gael P. already posted a link to the OpenID home page.

Here are a couple of places you can get an OpenID URL:

http://www.myopenid.com/
http://videntity.org/

There are probably others.

--Al Evans
Adam (Guest)
on 2006-05-20 06:08
Al Evans wrote:
> Adam wrote:
>>
>> I would suggest giving a little more information now how someone can
>> acquire an OpenID url.
>
> Sorry -- I like OpenID so much, I guess I assumed everybody knew about
> it.
>
> Gael P. already posted a link to the OpenID home page.
>
> Here are a couple of places you can get an OpenID URL:
>
> http://www.myopenid.com/
> http://videntity.org/
>
> There are probably others.
>
> --Al Evans

I knew what OpenID was before I saw your site but I suspect your
audience isn't going to be as very tech savvy so I suggest providing
some information as to what it is and how to sign up so they can use
your site.
Raymond B. (Guest)
This is great! Any plans to release the source?

-raymond
Al E. (Guest)
on 2006-05-21 02:35
Raymond B. wrote:

> This is great! Any plans to release the source?
>
> -raymond

Thanks! I'm planning to do one more round of re-design (it irritates me
that I don't have infinite undo/redo), then I intend to release the
source.

--Al Evans
Raymond B. (Guest)
Thanks Al, looking forward to it!
Larry K. (Guest)
I didn't see any way to  remove a photo that I had uploaded.
-Larry
Al E. (Guest)
on 2006-05-24 16:23
Larry K. wrote:

> I didn't see any way to  remove a photo that I had uploaded.

The photo, along with all work copies, is automatically removed when you
log out or load another picture.

(Progress Is Being Made on the Rails Engine version, incidentally.)

--Al Evans