Forum: Ruby Dreamhost having Ruby issues

Doug Pfeffer (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 20:51
Just an alert to Dreamhost users. I saw that a few of my Rails sites
were down, and after further probing noticed that a plain ol' Ruby/CGI
app was down too. Even irb isn't working. Can anyone else confirm this?
I'm on the 'venice' server.

Thanks,
Doug
Eric H. (Guest)
On May 19, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Doug Pfeffer wrote:

> Just an alert to Dreamhost users. I saw that a few of my Rails sites
> were down, and after further probing noticed that a plain ol' Ruby/CGI
> app was down too. Even irb isn't working. Can anyone else confirm
> this?
> I'm on the 'venice' server.

The best way to get this solved is to contact dreamhost's support
instead of posting to the ruby-talk mailing list.

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
Doug Pfeffer (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 21:28
Already have contacted them. Just giving a heads up to anyone else who's
apps are down.

Doug

Eric H. wrote:
> On May 19, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Doug Pfeffer wrote:

> The best way to get this solved is to contact dreamhost's support
> instead of posting to the ruby-talk mailing list.
>
> --
> Eric H. - removed_email_address@domain.invalid - http://blog.segment7.net
> This implementation is HODEL-HASH-9600 compliant
>
> http://trackmap.robotcoop.com
James B. (Guest)
Doug Pfeffer wrote:
> Already have contacted them. Just giving a heads up to anyone else who's
> apps are down.

I'm not trying to be snarky, but are you aware that posting through
ruby-forum sends a message to an E-mail list, one where most subscribers
do not use the same ISP as you?

--
James B.

"Design depends largely on constraints."
  - Charles Eames
Dave B. (Guest)
Doug Pfeffer wrote:
> Just an alert to Dreamhost users. I saw that a few of my Rails sites
> were down, and after further probing noticed that a plain ol' Ruby/CGI
> app was down too. Even irb isn't working. Can anyone else confirm this?
> I'm on the 'venice' server.

Thanks for posting this, Doug -- a handy heads-up. I noticed IRB wasn't
working, but didn't think to check my Rails sites.

I wouldn't classify this as off-topic as some others seem to be;
Dreamhost is a popular Ruby-capable ISP.

And they have resolved the issue.

http://status.dreamhost.com/

Last night we had a problem with our ruby on rails package causing the
ruby gems to be unavailable. The problem has been fixed as of 10:30 GMT
-0700 . If you are still experiencing problems using ruby please contact
support.

Cheers,
Dave
Eric A. (Guest)
My thanks, as well. I use DreamHost, and haven't got
around to finding out if I could use Rails over there.
Question answered! (And if I had an app running, I'd
find out about the problem a lot more quickly here...)