Forum: Ruby Re: ruby/gnuplot on windows

unknown (Guest)
This is very strange.
Gnuplot can (not yet on your computer) produce a plot to different
outputs.
These are called terminals.
In _http://t16web.lanl.gov/Kawano/gnuplot/label-e.html_
(http://t16web.lanl.gov/Kawano/gnuplot/label-e.html) ,  you find some
values
you can set there.
All of them should work on whatever system you use Gnuplot on.

Does this help :
_http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-03/msg00087.html_
(http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-03/msg00087.html)  ?

Otherwise,  you could try to export your graph to eps format and  view
it in Ghostview by executing

gnuplot> set terminal postscript enhanced color
gnuplot> set output "myplot.eps"
gnuplot> plot sin(x)

(You may need to install Ghostview first on your system, from here:

_http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm_
(http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm) .)

These gnuplot commands produce a file myplot.eps in the current
directory   (Cygwin command pwd tells you which it is).
Using the Windows Ghostview program, you can open it to see the
graph, if successful..

Best regards,

Axel
Jon D. (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 13:25
> Does this help :
> _http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-03/msg00087.html_
> (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2005-03/msg00087.html)  ?

So from this link, I entered in the cygwin shell:

startx

and an x-shell opened.  From here I can run

gnuplot -persist test.plt

and it works.  Is this how you are doing it?  Is there a way to have 'x'
active but working within the cygwin shell?  The next step (which got us
started on this whole process) would be to try to run a ruby/gnuplot
program.  Will being in the x shell complicate this?

jon