Forum: Ruby on Rails How to create a background task?

Dong Rod (Guest)
Hi All,

I'm a newbie for RoR. Now, I want to create a background task: send an
email
at 6 pm every day. How can I create this task?

Thanks,
Rod Dong
Chris T (Guest)
I've not used it yet, but think railscron could be what you're looking
for:
http://kylemaxwell.com/articles/2006/01/06/railscron-0-1
Surendra S. (Guest)
"Dong Rod" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a newbie for RoR. Now, I want to create a background task: send an email
> at 6 pm every day. How can I create this task?

Look at the rails wiki on creating background tasks. Set up a cron job
which
uses the runner script to execute the function which will control
sending of
the email.

HTH.
--