Forum: Ruby on Rails How to run direct DML (insert or update)

Glenn C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 09:33
I want when the user clicks on a button on the browser
"Perform monthly billing run"  the controller to lanch a sql DML
statment to be called (in the model?) than runs something like

"insert into billing (item, qnt, total_cost, billing_run_timestamp
 select item, qnt, item*cost as total_cost, timestamp
 from services
 where service_end_date is null"

How can I run a DML (insert, update, delete) direct sql statement ?
Richard W. (Guest)
On Friday, May 19, 2006, at 7:33 AM, Glenn C. wrote:

>--

Item.connection.execute("select count(*) from items")

or generally:

<Model>.connection.execute(<SQL>)
Glenn C. (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 05:40