Forum: Ruby on Rails time select with am/pm?

Daniel H. (Guest)
Hi everyone,

Is there a time select helper which uses a 12 hour clock rather than a
24
hour one? Also, does anyone know if :discard_year actually works in
datetime_select now, or how I could find this out?

Thanks!
Daniel
seth b. (Guest)
I'd like to see an AM/PM select as well...this 24h clock is lame.
lester bangs (Guest)

<removed_email_address@domain.invalid
> > wrote:Hi everyone,Is there a time select helper which
>uses a 12 hour clock rather than a 24
> hour one? [...]

Third...ed.  I'm surprised this is not part of ActionView's
basic functionality.
Marston A. (Guest)
on 2006-05-22 01:15
Yes, I was dealing with and asking these same questions a few weeks ago.
I've found an excellent solution from a plugin called flex_times.  I
guess the name fits as it is very flexible with date and time selectors.
I finally got my 12 hour time selectors to play nicely with my time
column type in MySQL.  Check it out:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/FlexTimes+Plugin
Daniel H. (Guest)
Sweet, thanks!