Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] acts_as_classifiable plugin

Surendra S. (Guest)
Hello,
 I am pleased to announce the availability of the plugin
acts_as_classifier
which allows using the 'classifier' gem in a Rails application.

This plugin can be downloaded from

http://opensvn.csie.org/sksinghi/acts_as_classifiable/

This plugin is useful in scenarios where you want to distinguish between
spam
or non-spam comments, Or maybe you want to track the preferences of each
user
and then based on that make suggestions to them, etc.

More information + example   on this can be found at:

http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/2006/05/acts...

Any issues/questions let me know.

--
Surendra S.
Read my blog at: http://cuttingtheredtape.blogspot.com/
| "War is Peace! Freedom is Slavery! Ignorance is Strength!"
|     -- Orwell, 1984, 1948
`----
Benjamin C. (Guest)
Published at http://agilewebdevelopment.com/plugins/
acts_as_classifiable :)

--
Benjamin C.
http://www.bencurtis.com/

(having read your posted information) For those of us not familiar
with Bayesian classifiers, I'm don't understand how it would be used
to classify.

You mention training - are we required to implement methods to do the
classification?

I definetly have some requirements for such a gem, but am unsure how
I'd go about actually using it.

Thanx again.

Jodi
Peter De Berdt (Guest)
> (having read your posted information) For those of us not familiar
> with Bayesian classifiers, I'm don't understand how it would be
> used to classify

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayesian_filter

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
Jodi S. (Guest)
grin. thanx Peter (i'm the one to usually suggest obvious references.
lol) . I think that wp entry gave me enough info to start.

ie. the specific application of training and initial classification
are the keys to usage.

cheers,
Surendra S. (Guest)
Jodi S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> grin. thanx Peter (i'm the one to usually suggest obvious references.
> lol) . I think that wp entry gave me enough info to start.
>
> ie. the specific application of training and initial classification
> are the keys to usage.

The current Bayesian classifier gem can do with some sprucing up[1].
Right
now, it doesn't uses prior probabilities, no classification threshold,
cost-sensitive learning, etc.

But, it should be good for general usage. Also, tuning it do better will
require some experience with the domain where you are using it.

[1]I posted a message on the classifier gem forum, but haven't got a
reply so
far, maybe I should try sending them a personal email.

Cheers.

--
`----