Forum: Ruby on Rails RE: Re: WebServices and DateTime - 3 elements of civil date

Berger, Daniel (Guest)
> Are you using Windows?  I ran into the same problem.  There
> is a problem
> with Ruby and the Windows DateTime format.  I still haven't found a
> solution to this.  Supposedly ruby 1.9 fixes this, but after
> replacing
> the 1.8 date files with the 1.9 ones it still doesn't work for me.

The date/format.rb that ships with the stdlib doesn't support long
timezone names.  You have two options.  One is to hand edit the
format.rb file directly and add the long timezone names to the
Format::ZONES constant.  The other is to change the timezone format in
the Windows registry.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/TimeZoneInformation
is the key you want.

Editing the registry requires a reboot to take effect afaik.

Regards,

Dan

or
strictly