Forum: GNU Radio pll shows only positive values

jessica smith (Guest)
[input]   [input]   [input]   [input]   Im trying to recover a sin wave
but after putting it through the pll_carriertracking I get only positive
values out.  Seems like it's showing the absolute value of my signal.
Any thoughts?
  -Jess
Matt E. (Guest)
On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:22 -0700, jessica smith wrote:
> Im trying to recover a sin wave but after putting it through the
> pll_carriertracking I get only positive values out.  Seems like it's
> showing the absolute value of my signal.  Any thoughts?

When you use that block, it outputs your carrier, downconverted to
baseband (DC).  Since you have no modulation on it, it will appear as a
DC value.  If there was modulation on it, you would see that modulation.

If you just want the original tracked sine wave back, use
gr_pll_refout_cc.

Matt