Forum: Ruby on Rails rails and .net webservices

barcik (Guest)
on 2006-05-18 18:38
Hello.
I am novice in ruby.
How can i use .net webservice method from ruby.

Thanks.
unknown (Guest)
> I am novice in ruby.
> How can i use .net webservice method from ruby.

I've used soap4r to access a .net (soap) webservice:
    http://dev.ctor.org/soap4r

Some examples of using soap4r:
    http://www.pranavbihari.com/articles/2005/12/02/te...
Vitaly B. (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 11:57
Can anybody write a working code to access to .net websrevice.

I have a simple web service

[WebMethod]
public string HelloWorld()
{
 return "Hello!!!";
}

And i have a ruby code

def HelloWorld
    soap_client = ActionWebService::Client::Soap.new(Service1,
"http://localhost/WebApplication4/Service1.asmx")
    soap_client.default_encodingstyle =
SOAP::EncodingStyle::ASPDotNetHandler::Namespace
    soap_client.HelloWorld()
  end

Is it correct?? Where can i write it??? Help please.

Thanks a lot.