Forum: Ruby on Rails [OT] Best Blog + Wiki opinions?

Peter F. (Guest)
Hello all,

I'm looking for suggestions for integrated Blog + Wiki (Bliki) apps.
I'd
prefer Rails, I want to hear opinions on all options!

I've browsed through W:Bliki <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliki>.
Nothing
in that list is immediately compelling.
This is for my wife, who is not a technologist, and has a need to create
information-centric website.  I'm looking for options that would allow
blog
integration as well.

Question to answer for your suggestions: In the bliki you suggest, does
the
blogging filter understand wiki formatting?

Let me hear it!
Peter M. (Guest)
Can Typo do what you want?

http://www.typosphere.org/

Peter
Peter F. (Guest)
On 5/17/06, Peter M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> blog
> > Apple MacBook.  Black.  It's the new White!
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

I'm using typo for my blog, but not seeing "simple" way to tie
blog+wiki,
and also not seeing wiki-style tag processing in save of blog/page via
Textile or Markup/Smartypants.
Ed G. (Guest)
on 2006-05-19 02:07
Peter F. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions for integrated Blog + Wiki (Bliki) apps.
> I'd
> prefer Rails, I want to hear opinions on all options!
>
> I've browsed through W:Bliki <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bliki>.
> Nothing
> in that list is immediately compelling.
> This is for my wife, who is not a technologist, and has a need to create
> information-centric website.  I'm looking for options that would allow
> blog
> integration as well.
>
> Question to answer for your suggestions: In the bliki you suggest, does
> the
> blogging filter understand wiki formatting?
>
> Let me hear it!

http://pimki.rubyforge.org/
Needs an update (last release 9/15/05)
Download: http://rubyforge.org/projects/pimki/
Kevin O. (Guest)
On Friday, May 19, 2006, at 12:07 AM, Ed Gard wrote:
>> This is for my wife, who is not a technologist, and has a need to create
>
>http://pimki.rubyforge.org/
>Needs an update (last release 9/15/05)
>Download: http://rubyforge.org/projects/pimki/
>
>--

Take a look at DokuWiki.
It has a 'blog' plugin. Not as full featured as Typo or Wordpress, but
it might do the trick.

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/

_Kevin
Assaph M. (Guest)
> http://pimki.rubyforge.org/
> Needs an update (last release 9/15/05)

In the works - slowly but surely :-)
Suggest you work of the SVN branch at the moment, as it's stable with
some low maintenance work until I get the trunk (Pimki 2) ready for
release.

Cheers,
Assaph