Forum: Ruby on Rails NOOB: Second post, please help...

Marcus B. (Guest)
Folks,
I am linking from page A to page B, and back again. When I go from A ->
B, the B_controller.rb runs fine, and the page renders properly. But,
when I go from B -> A, the A_controller.rb doesn't run again, so the
array (@A) is nil (which causes a problem).
Should the controller run each time the page is accessed? Any ideas?

Marcus

Marcus B.
Technology Services - Software Group

JELD-WEN, inc.
Information Systems
541-882-3451 x 2558
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

RELIABILITY for real life*
confidential or legally privileged information and is intended solely
for the named addressee. If you receive this correspondence in error,
please notify the sender and delete it from your system. You must not
disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not
the intended recipient.
Ben and Kaz A. (Guest)
On 5/18/06, Marcus B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Folks,
> I am linking from page A to page B, and back again. When I go from A -> B,
> the B_controller.rb runs fine, and the page renders properly. But, when I go
> from B -> A, the A_controller.rb doesn't run again, so the array (@A) is nil
> (which causes a problem).
>
> Should the controller run each time the page is accessed? Any ideas?

If you send through some code samples someone might be able to help.

cheers,
Ben