Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: [ANN] Ruby on Rails Searchable and AnnotatableDocs

Dean M. (Guest)
> "Today, I want everyone in the room to take a vow never to
> say anything like that ever again. Do not tell people, or
> tell yourself, or even think that there's something
> inherently wrong with pixel-based fonts. What there's
> something inherently wrong with is Internet Explorer for Windows"

Yes, that last line from Joe needs to be re-emphasized.  It's not so
much what units you choose to use to specify font-sizes in CSS -- the
issue is MSIE.  It makes accessibility an issue when using px and it
screws-up font re-sizing using em's.

I would also submit that there is no right or wrong in this debate,
which I think was Joe's ultimate point.  The
what-font-size-unit-should-I-use is the web designer's holy war
equivalent to the MySQL v. PosgreSQL debate.  :-)