Forum: Ruby Re: bm + net/http sanity check

DEBAUN, STEVE [AG-Contractor/2400] (Guest)
Ah ha, that makes more sense.  It didn't occur to me that it would take
multiple roundtrips for a single GET.  Gee, now that I think about it,
that
doesn't include the image gets either...

sd
Philip H. (Guest)
> Ah ha, that makes more sense.  It didn't occur to me that it would take
> multiple roundtrips for a single GET.  Gee, now that I think about it, that
> doesn't include the image gets either...

get() should just download the one page.  It's not going to download the
images contained within....

You might see if there is a head() (haven't looked, but i imagine there
is).  That will just query the server and the server will say "yeah,
it's
there", but won't return any data...

-philip