Forum: Ruby on Rails BBC

BBC
john (Guest)
on 2006-05-17 15:38
Thought some of you guys might like to know that that it looks like the
BBC are trialing Rails. I got a DB error when trying to connect to their
prototype cataloging system the other day.

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=136006235&size=o

Sorry if this is old news.
Jean-François (Guest)
Hello John,

> Thought some of you guys might like to know that that it looks like the
> BBC are trialing Rails. I got a DB error when trying to connect to their
> prototype cataloging system the other day.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=136006235&size=o
>
> Sorry if this is old news.

Is it a coincidence or are you at XTech 2006 ?
http://xtech06.usefulinc.com/schedule/detail/101

For your information :
http://weblog.rubyonrails.com/archives/2005/10/31/...

    -- Jean-François.
Kasper W. (Guest)
on 2006-05-17 16:04
It has been known for some time that the BBC catalogue would be on
Rails. But it only came public a few weeks ago.

Look here:
http://www.hackdiary.com/archives/000081.html

john wrote:
> Thought some of you guys might like to know that that it looks like the
> BBC are trialing Rails. I got a DB error when trying to connect to their
> prototype cataloging system the other day.
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=136006235&size=o
>
> Sorry if this is old news.
Jón B. (Guest)
I think BBC simply "got" web 2.0. How web2.0 is this?
http://open.bbc.co.uk/catalogue/infax/contributor_...

I just wish I had a database like BBC's to play with. Endless
possibilities.

On 5/17/06, Kasper W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> > BBC are trialing Rails. I got a DB error when trying to connect to their
> Rails mailing list
> removed_email_address@domain.invalid

john (Guest)
on 2006-05-17 18:54
Hey all,

Thanks for the links. Sorry for posting old news.

Cheers,
John
unknown (Guest)
not old to me. Thanks for the info.