Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Re: [Patch] Support for G_TYPE_VALUE_ARRAY

Masao M. (Guest)
Hi Sjoerd,

On Tue, 9 May 2006 23:53:08 +0200
removed_email_address@domain.invalid (Sjoerd S.) wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Attached patch adds convertions functions to and from G_TYPE_VALUE_ARRAY
>   GValue's.. These are used by some gstreamer plugins.

You comment the source as "ValueArray is treated as Array".
And your convertion functions seems to convert  GValueArray <->
Array(Ruby)

Then, the code below needless?
G_DEF_CLASS(G_TYPE_VALUE_ARRAY, "ValueArray", mGLib);

If we don't use GLib::ValueArray from Ruby side, we shouldn't define it.

--
.:% Masao M.<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
unknown (Guest)
On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 07:42:59PM +0900, Masao M. wrote:
> You comment the source as "ValueArray is treated as Array".
> And your convertion functions seems to convert  GValueArray <-> Array(Ruby)
>
> Then, the code below needless?
> G_DEF_CLASS(G_TYPE_VALUE_ARRAY, "ValueArray", mGLib);
>
> If we don't use GLib::ValueArray from Ruby side, we shouldn't define it.

Correct that code is useless. It's basically copied it from the
rbgobj_strv.c :)

  Sjoerd
--
Each man is his own prisoner, in solitary confinement for life.

security?
easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709...
Masao M. (Guest)

On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:40:37 +0200
removed_email_address@domain.invalid (Sjoerd S.) wrote:

> > You comment the source as "ValueArray is treated as Array".
> > And your convertion functions seems to convert  GValueArray <-> Array(Ruby)
> >
> > Then, the code below needless?
> > G_DEF_CLASS(G_TYPE_VALUE_ARRAY, "ValueArray", mGLib);
> >
> > If we don't use GLib::ValueArray from Ruby side, we shouldn't define it.
>
> Correct that code is useless. It's basically copied it from the rbgobj_strv.c :)

Ah, it's my mistake.

I removed both and applied your patch to CVS.

Thanks.